Our demands are ever evolving to adjust to current political landscapes, including, but not limited to:
- Increase ODSP and OW rates to reflect the real cost of living and adjust annually for inflation. A Social Assistance Rate Board should be established to help determine rational and just criteria for setting rates.
- Provide shelter allowances that reflect the realistic costs of housing in today's market
- Allow ODSP recipients to keep the 1st $500 per month of earnings before any deductions.
- Recognize the value of volunteer work by ODSP recipients by providing for a Community Participation allowance.
- Ensure employment supports are provided in a way that respects ODSP recipients choices, skills and abilities.
- Eliminate the many barriers that prevent applicants from getting on ODSP and accessing the benefits they are entitled to.
- Eliminate the punitive rules and regulations that people on ODSP encounter in the program.
- Ensure that ODSP is delivered in a respectful way that accommodates the varying needs of people with disabilities, as the Ontario Government is obligated to do under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).