Keeping with our unofficial mantra "advocate, educate, demonstrate" ODSP Action Coalition advocates for improvements to the benefits and supports available to people with disabilities in a variety of ways, including — but not limited to:
- Educating ourselves and others through researching and sharing information regarding social policy, benefit design, legislative processes, historical precedents, etc.
- Hosting monthly meetings through which our membership shares/exchanges relevant information, ideas and experiences.
- Networking and sharing information/ideas with other organizations, including grassroots org’s, anti-poverty/disability related NGOs/NPOs, and other stakeholders.
- Lobbying and meeting with our elected officials, particularly Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs), key ministers and Opposition critics.
- Making written submissions to the government as part of annual pre-budget consultations and other occasions.
- Bringing mainstream and social media attention to disability and poverty.
- Facilitating public events, demonstrations, actions and educational workshops.